The Watch Factory
The original Watch Factory in Prescot was the heart of England’s watchmaking trade until the early 20th century. The Grade-11 listed building, built in 1889, was once the home of the Lancashire Watch Company, a leading force in Britain’s watchmaking industry. Today the building has been transformed into beautiful intermediate care and rehabilitation facility.
Steeped in history, the development wished to retain the watch making history and this plays a huge part throughout the design scheme with its urban industrial feel. Our reception counter made from Corian has laser cut inset brass and steel cogs along with watch hands making a beautiful link to the memories created in the building over a century ago. Sawn timber display cabinets showing artefacts and photographs of a bygone era are encased in bespoke glass cabinets.
The restaurant area is a cool airy space with the comfort of fluted banquet seating booths, occasional furniture and divisional timber screens adding height and privacy for restaurant users. Providing all the amenities required for village life, you can pop into the boutique hair and treatment salon to be pampered in comfortable, relaxing surroundings.